Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ode to Canned Peached


Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
We canned peaches last night,
what did you do?

Roses are red,
Daffodils are yellow.
David helped the whole time,
He is quite a great fellow.

Roses are red,
Dead roses are black.
When it came to peeling peaches,
David had quite the knack.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
It took us 6 hours,
We did not have a clue.

Roses are red,
Brown is the color of wood.
I only called mom 4 times,
I think that is pretty good.

Roses are red,
Chickens don't fly.
If the peaches don't taste good,
the boys better lie.

Roses are red,
All kids love Mickey.
After all of those peaches,
My floor is quite sticky.

Roses are red,
My pants are maroon.
At $4 a bottle,
This may not happen again soon.

Roses are red,
Daisy's are white.
Because they love canned peaches,
I knew the boys would delight.

Roses are red,
Dirt is brown.
When finishing after midnight,
My face wore a frown.

Roses are red,
I know how to skate.
With all of these peaches,
I bet they'll taste great.