Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dancing Kings

Jumping into parenting with teenagers is an interesting thing.  I will admit that I am used to uninterrupted sleep, it is a glorious thing.  I hadn't been plunged into sleepless nights with a baby, or years of little feet finding you in the middle of the night.  In fact, I kind of thought starting with teenagers might be an advantage as I skipped that stage.  Instead, I have learned that what it really means is that their best thoughts and desire to connect come between the hours of 11:00 pm and 1:00 am.   Interestingly enough, it doesn't bother me at all, I have found that during these times is when the best entertainment comes out.

It is not unusual for us to hear the knock, and the door immediately opens to "Dad, guess what!  I just got 10,000 points on Tetris."  (or some other game).  Once when David was travelling, I got a call at 11:00 pm that went like this.  "Hi, Kimberly, can you come outside?"  "Why Harrison?"  "Just come out to the porch" "I'm looking out the door and can't see anything."  "No, you have to come outside."  Open door, "I don't see anything."  "No, you have to come out on the porch."  "Okay Harrison, I'm outside."  "Turn around"  I turn around to see Harrison on the roof, window open, waving at me and smiling like he just robbed a bank.  Yes, their best entertainment comes at night.

A few nights ago we were watching TV when we heard a knock on the door.  In comes Harrison and his friend, Sam.  Without saying a word, they do the following dance and then leave:


If you wonder where Harrison got his dance moves from, Brandon and his friends performed this skit at their ward's Christmas party.  We laughed pretty hard.

Brandon Christmas Skit

BTW: David and I didn't think we could dance nearly as well as the two boys, so we chose not to put our own video on the blog.  You can thank me later.