I took Harrison shopping for his Dad’s birthday. I followed him around Target for a while before he declared: “We need to go to DI.” Many items were initially considered and then discarded: Camouflage boxer briefs, Avenger pajamas, sailor clock, a toy Liahona, Man bag. I admittedly was wary about the DI trip. However, after consulting Mom’s Book of Lectures and remembering these are the memories that count, I left work early so we could go. I am glad that we went. He was in heaven. He kept declaring “I can’t believe I have never been here before.” “You can get a TV for only $15?!!” “Look at this.” After finding many treasures, it was difficult to talk him down to only two birthday items for his dad. He ended up getting women’s exercise shorts with “Pi Phi” written on the butt, and a men’s 8XL shirt. We got a lot of comments as we waited in line to pay. Obviously Harrison had vision that I did not. When we got home, the shirt was a hit. Brandon was even impressed with the find, asking his dad if he could have it for his ski shirt. Despite being made fun of by the boys, I insisted we take pictures. Words cannot adequately describe the emotion in the room as David (and Harrison) tried on his shirt for the first time. It was hard to tell if Brandon, Harrison or David was more excited it.
The Shirt: (Twice as big as David)
Harrison was so excited he had to try it on before we even got home from DI:
David and Harrison in the shirt:
Brandon declared that he will be giving birthday spanks to everyone. He instructed that his style is to give one spank for every year, and then one additional one to make sure it is finished off right. He smiled and eyed his dad as he said this, then declared, “And Kimberly, you are included. Priscilla is too as soon as I know when her birthday is.” Needless to say, Harrison got the brunt of the birthday spanks. Thankfully, I think he forgot by the time David’s birthday rolled around. He was so excited about the shirt that a few days later he woke us up at 11:45 PM to ask where it was, as he was getting ready for the ski season. He had to try it on with all of his gear. (I was glad he let me take a picture.)
Brandon in Ski Gear:
.jpg)
.jpg)

